5 Steps how to start selling online courses Successfully – Selling online courses is a great way to make extra money and help others at the same time. There are many different ways you can create and sell an online course, but there are some basic things that you need to do first. In this post, I’ll show you how to start selling online courses successfully by following these five steps:
5 Steps how to start selling online courses Successfully
Decide what to sell
- Decide what to sell
Decide what you want to sell. Once you have a clear idea of what problem your customers need help solving, start brainstorming ideas for products and services that solve that problem. It would help if you also considered how long it would take you (and your marketing team) to create and deliver the product or service.
If it’s going to be a big project, it may be better for you to partner with someone else who can handle the delivery part for you—but if it’s an easy thing for everyone involved in the business, then go ahead and do it yourself!
- Consider your audience
Think about who your audience is, where they live, how old they are, if they have kids or pets at home (or both!), their hobbies outside of work/school—anything that would affect their purchasing decisions when shopping online is fair game here.
Create a course outline
- Create a course outline.
- Include a table of contents
- Include a course description, the most important part of your course marketing material. This should explain what your audience will learn from the class, why they should take it—and why they’ll benefit from it.
- List the modules you’ll teach in your online program: think of these as chapters or units within your course. It’s also helpful to include sections with titles like “Skills learned” or “Takeaways.” These provide structure for students and make it easier to understand where they are in the curriculum at any given time—and what’s next!
Create a unique selling proposition or USP
A USP describes what makes your business different from your competitors.
If you want people to buy from you, they need a reason to choose you over anyone selling a similar product or service. You can’t just say, “I’m cheaper,” because people will look for someone cheaper. You need something specific to you that makes buying from YOU the obvious choice for that customer and no one else.
This doesn’t have to be complicated; it just has to be true! For example: “We offer high-quality products at affordable prices.” This statement is much more effective than saying, “we sell cheap stuff,” because it addresses multiple needs/wants: quality vs price).
Recruit your first students
Once you’ve established your online course, it’s time to get the word out! The best way to recruit students is by building an audience of potential students before you even start selling. Use any of these strategies:
- Launch a landing page for your course with an email opt-in form
- Create content that will attract potential students (videos, blog posts)
- Share this content on social media and with friends interested in enrolling in your course.
- Send emails to people who have already expressed interest in learning from you.
Use a marketing funnel.
- What is a marketing funnel?
A marketing funnel is a process by which you can attract new customers. It starts with the widest point, representing all your potential customers, and narrows down until only a few people remain. By narrowing it down this way, you can focus on increasing sales by spending less time and money on advertising campaigns that won’t work.
- Why use a marketing funnel?
Marketing funnels help you focus your efforts on finding out what types of people are most likely to become paying customers for your online course, so instead of wasting money on ads that don’t convert well (or at all), you can invest resources into targeting those who have already shown interest in buying from your site or other platforms like Facebook or Instagram.*
Selling online courses can help you earn money and make a difference.
As a teacher, you know to teach and share your expertise on any subject. You can use this knowledge to create an online course and sell it to students worldwide. Selling online courses can help you earn money while making a difference.
To get started, we’ve put together 5 steps that will make selling your first course easier:
- Know what to sell – Do some research in your industry and identify what topics are most requested by potential students.
- Create an outline – Take some time to develop the content for each course session. This will make it easier when it comes out later and help with marketing efforts.
- Develop a USP – Unique Selling Propositions (USPs) are important because they allow people interested in taking your class to know why they should choose yours over someone else’s offering similar content or services (i..e., “I am more affordable than other people who offer similar services). A USP could be something like “I offer discounts for veterans” or “I provide custom solutions.” You might also want to include something unique about yourself, such as years of experience within the field or something specific about how you conduct business, like offering flexible payment options/refunds etc.
If you are considering selling online courses, this article about how to start selling online courses should help you get started. We have provided five steps to help you succeed in becoming an online course seller.
First, decide what to sell and create a course outline. Next, create a unique selling proposition or USP that will stand out from the crowd of competitors today.
Then, recruit your first students using marketing funnels and email campaigns until they purchase from you! Lastly, use these tactics repeatedly until success comes knocking at your door!