Top Websites to Sell Used Stuff: The Complete List – It’s no secret that the internet has changed how we buy and sell products. You can now buy concert tickets, find a new job, or even learn how to make a homemade cake using just your phone. But it can be intimidating to start selling online if you don’t have experience with websites like eBay or Etsy. That’s why we’ve compiled this list of some of the best sites and apps for selling used stuff in one place and also, make money online:
Top Websites to Sell Used Stuff: The Complete List
eBay is one of the most popular online marketplaces, and its reputation for ease of use, combined with a vast user base and an intuitive search engine, makes it one of the best Websites to Sell Used Stuff. It also has a good reputation for customer service, which can be challenging to find in any marketplace.
Amazon is a popular place to sell used items. You can list an item for free, and it will be sold via Amazon Marketplace, their third-party seller platform. Users can then search and browse your inventory, or you could opt to have it featured on the site.
Amazon has over 350 million users worldwide, making it one of the most popular sites. It’s easy to use, and many people use Amazon as their go-to shopping destination because they know they can find just about anything they need.
Etsy is a marketplace for handmade goods, vintage items, and craft supplies. The site has many categories: art, home & living, and jewelry and also this Websites to Sell Used Stuff.
To sell on Etsy, you must first set up an account. You can do this by clicking “sell on Etsy” in the top-right corner of the screen when you are logged into your account. This will bring up a new screen where you can create an account or log into your existing one if it already exists. On this page are links for setting up your shop name and some other helpful information about getting started with selling on Etsy.
Once you have created an account, it’s time to start listing items! To do so, go back to that same page but click “list something” instead of “sell on Etsy.” A popup menu will appear with various options, such as what category it should be placed under or whether it should be sold individually or in bulk (more than one). You can also add photos of each item being listed here, which makes things easier later when someone wants more information about them before buying them off eBay/Amazon etc.
Craigslist is a popular online marketplace that lets buyers and sellers connect with each other. It’s free, easy to use, and has millions of users worldwide. However, the site also has its share of scammers who try to dupe unsuspecting users into handing over personal information or money in exchange for nothing (or at least less than what they’re expecting). To avoid being scammed on Craigslist:
- Always meet in public places like parks or coffee shops. Never invite strangers into your home.
- Don’t give out personal information such as phone numbers or addresses until you feel comfortable with the buyer/seller’s intentions and trustworthiness—only after paying them for their services upfront!
Facebook Marketplace is a popular portal for selling and buying used items. It’s easy to use, and you can list any item for sale that doesn’t violate Facebook’s marketplace policies.
To sell on Facebook Marketplace:
- Open the Facebook app from your phone or computer.
- Click More > Marketplace (if you’re not already on it).
- Click “Sell Something” in the top right corner of the screen, then choose an option from this menu:
- Sell Items You Don’t Need Anymore if you have something in mind that’s ready to go;
- Invite Friends To Buy Your Stuff When You Sell It On the Marketplace if you want to sell things with friends’ help; or – Post A Free Ad For Anything In Your Community That You Want To Buy Or Sell, And We’ll Help You Set Up A Sale With Multiple Buyers To Maximize Sales Numbers And Get The Best Possible Price Possible!
Letgo is a free app that makes selling things online easily. You can use it to sell anything from clothes to furniture, and the interface is intuitive enough for even the most inexperienced seller to navigate with no problem.
You can choose whether you want your listing to be public or private, meaning only those who have the link will be able to see it. Additionally, when creating an ad for Letgo’s website or app, there are options for how much you want your item(s) priced at and how long they should remain available before being sold—or if you’d like them taken down altogether.
If you’re looking to sell your used clothes, shoes, and accessories, Mercari is one of the best places to do it.
With over 20 million users in the US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand (and growing), you can list your items for free to see if anyone will buy them. Mercari takes a small commission from each sale that goes towards its seller protection program if they do sell.
The site also has an option called Mercari Fashion, where users can buy new clothing from popular brands such as Forever 21 and Topshop at discounted prices.
Chairish is a website and app that allows you to sell your used furniture, vintage clothing, and other antiques. The site also has a curated section for new items.
Here’s how it works:
- You list the item(s) you want to sell on Chairish.
- You set the price and specify when you want the item(s) to be picked up or delivered.
- Suppose someone wants to buy your item(s). In that case, they pay via PayPal or by credit card—there are no fees!—and then they arrange pickup or delivery with you directly through an email conversation with Chairish (you can also let them take care of all communication).
Regarding consignment shops, ThredUp is the best of the bunch. The site accepts clothing, shoes, handbags, and accessories from men, women, and children. You can even sell your wedding gowns on ThredUp!
To start selling your stuff on ThredUp:
- Go to their website at https://www.thredup.com/
- Click the “Sell Your Clothes” button in the upper right corner of the page.
- Enter your email address and choose a password that you’ll use when logging into your account later on (don’t forget this!). Then click “Create Account.”
Poshmark is a mobile app that lets you buy and sell fashion items. You can use it to directly buy or sell your clothing, accessories, and shoes.
- To sell on Poshmark: Upload photos of the item(s) you want to sell, choose a category for each piece, and write a short description of the item; then set up an “Ask” price (the lowest amount someone can offer). The platform also offers third-party shipping services if you don’t want to ship yourself.
- To buy on Poshmark: Search through its listings by category, brand, or price range; filter listings based on condition (new, used), style (casual wear or formal wear), or size (smaller than XXL); click “Buy Now” if an item catches your interest; follow instructions about how to complete the transaction through PayPal.
Nextdoor is a social network for neighborhoods, so it’s not just a website to sell used stuff. It’s a way for you and your neighbors to get together and talk about local news, events, and issues. But if you’re looking to sell some items that don’t fit into the “local” category—say, an old bike or camera equipment—next door can also be a good platform.
Here’s how it works:
- You sign up for free with your email address or Facebook account.
- You search for items in your area or nearby communities (if there are no results nearby).
When an item catches your eye, click on its title to see its description and price range (which indicates whether the seller wants offers around that price). If you like what you see, send them an email with an offer of your own!
Offering a mobile marketplace to connect people and neighborhoods locally, OfferUp is available on iOS and Android. The app is free to use and is an easy way to sell items you no longer need or want.
OfferUp was created by OfferUp Inc. and launched in 2012 with the mission of bringing people together for free through a safe digital platform that encourages community engagement. The company operates in over 200 markets worldwide (including the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, and more), with over 80 million users worldwide!
There’s a site or app for whatever you’re trying to sell.
Whether you’re trying to sell your old clothes and furniture, or a rare piece of jewelry you inherited from your grandmother, several different platforms and apps are available to help get your goods in front of the right customers.
You don’t need any marketing experience or knowledge about running an online business. Selling things on the internet can be pretty easy—and it might just make more sense than having them sit around collecting dust in your garage!
You can sell things online without lots of experience or know-how.
You don’t need a lot of experience, money, time, or know-how to sell used stuff online.
You can sell things online without having an eBay account or even knowing what an eBay account is. You just need to be able to put your used stuff up on the internet and see if it sells. The best part is that most of these services are free!
We hope we’ve given you some ideas on how to get started selling your stuff online. Remember, it doesn’t have to be complicated or take a long time—just start by listing a few items and see what happens!